I just made my injury post, so a lot of that will play into my start’em sit’em this week. Some of this will require you to do a bit of game day research to make sure that they are actually playing, or that the starter they are covering for is still injured and out of the game.
- Louis Murphy – He is Questionable this week, so check his status. But he is going up against the HOU secondary that probably couldnt even cover the Raiders’ linemen. If he is unable to play D. Heyward-Bey is also Questionable, Chaz Schilens is Out, and Johnnie Lee Higgins is their 4th stringer. Zach Miller should see a lot of play as well.
- Mark Clayton – Doing a fantastic job as Bradford’s favorite target. And he is going up against Seattle, a team giving up huge points to receivers and 315 passing yards per game
- Matt Forte – Has not looked great running this year, but he still has huge fantasy points from catching out of the backfield. I expect him to get some good running in against NYG, missing a lot of defensive players, and continuing his receiving hotstreak
- Chad Henne – I see him doing terrible things to a defense that got ‘torched’ by the Buffalo Bills last week. I don’t think the Pats have a CB that can cover Marshall, and if they double him, Bess and Fasano will be busy.
- Indy DEF – Going up against JAX, I see at least 4 sacks and a few turnovers, minimal points. Indy is a great start this week and available in about 50% of leagues.
- Other Start’ems – Mike Vick, Ryan Mathews, Justin Forcett, Jeremy Maclin, Chad Ochocinco, Jacoby Jones (if A. Johnson is out), John Carlson, Aaron Hernandez
- Ray Rice – It hurts to sit him, I know, he’s in 2 of my leagues, but I think you have to. PIT gives up less than 60 a game against RBs, and Rice is (probably) coming off injury. Play it safe, use a backup. I’m going to go ahead and say the same thing about Flacco right now too. Avoid.
- Clinton Portis – Losing carries fast, and just questionable for the game. Torrain will be getting most of the workload, and might make a decent play against the Philly run game.
- Tim Hightower- Hope you were lucky enough to draft him in round 12 and weak enough to use him for the first 2 weeks. Beanie Wells is back and stealing the majority of the work. I wouldnt look for anything spectacular out of him until Wells gets hurt again (Week 9)
- Steve Smith (CAR) – He’s a beast, an amazing receiver, just on a terrible team. Backup rookie QB, miserable O-line. Smith is not worth it until Carolina can prove that they have even a hint of a passing game.
- Other Sit’ems- Carson Palmer, Jerrome Harrison, Marshawn Lynch, Robert Meachem, Michael Crabtree, Owen Daniels, Mercedes Lewis, 49 DEF
As always, if youve got some opinions or questions, go ahead and post them. We’ll try to get to you by gametime on Sunday.
Also, I’m looking to start some kind of new weekly post. Something that you really cant find anywhere else. Help me out. If there is something you want to see in a fantasy analysis site that youve never seen, let us know and we’ll get to it. I’ve got a few ideas brewing, but I want to hear from you. Tell us whats missing.